Wednesday 15 February 2012

Twitter, Pop, and the Korean Language



Image text: 또 여드름? 안돼!!!!!!
Translation: Pimple again? NO!!!!!!
Text and translation courtesy of @KoreanEveryDay on Twitter.

또: another
여드름: pimple/acne
안돼: no (seems to be stronger than 아니요 and more of an interjection, more of a "not that!" or an "oh god why" than a simple "no")

...so I didn't actually write this one, but it's a fun phrase, and it gives me a chance to point out a couple other websites that might be of interest to people learning Korean. The first is busyatom.com, which is actually where I found this phrase in the first place; BusyAtom.com also has some video lessons about Korean grammar that I find helpful.

While I'm talking about other websites, http://kpopcorn.com/ is a website whose tagline is "learn Korean with K-pop". I haven't really looked at the site much yet, but I think it's an interesting idea, and I might translate some lyrics in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment